Sunday 7 June 2015

The Creative Directory: Lisa Stubbs


Lisa Stubbs



In a sentence:

Heartwarming artwork that makes you feel all warm inside from a very down to earth, Yorkshire artist. In her own words: "Hello, come in, I'll put the kettle on while you look around my little shop..."


Sample the goods:
Little One original screen print
 
You're so lovely - hand screen printed blank card
 
You don't know how lovely you are, hand screen printed card


Soul Mate original screen print
 
Seed Thieves original screen print

There's a strong theme of love in all of these which surely appeals to everyone. I really like how not over produced they look. They all retain a very lovely, almost rustic look to them. Each one looks like it could be an original drawing. I've actually bought two since discovering them. I got the 'Soul Mates' card for Ben for our last anniversary and the 'You're So Lovely' mother and daughter card for my mum for mother's day.


She also does gorgeous embroidered fabric pieces which you must check out on her website as well as illustrations for children's books.
She does a lot of her printing and also some workshops at the West Yorkshire Pint Workshop in Huddersfield which is where I went in September to do my three day printmaking course.




 Where you can find her:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment