Sunday 8 February 2015

Patterns + A Pinafore





Wow what's this, an outfit post? Not done one of these for ages. I've been in a bit of a blogging slump lately but me and Alex have joined forces for a blog day and been...successful, kind of. If drinking tea and eating biscuits is considered successful. Which of course it is. Anyway, I was lying in bed recently when I pieced together this outfit in my head. Of course! that pinafore dress would look good with a patterned blouse beneath it! Of course! Orla Kiely blouse!
Some serious vintage vibes going off here with my mum's latest find, this 1920's parasol. It's so delicate and pretty and looks lovely in the sunshine.








I'm wearing this with my Bertie Brogues that Ben got me for Christmas. They're such good quality. My mum always says you should always be well shod because that's where you touch the Earth and the elements! The only downside to them is that they have absolutely no grip at all, that's why I've not been wearing them while we've had such a lot of snow and ice.

On another note, you'll have to excuse my latest hair disaster. I put a platinum dye on to do my really dark roots, didn't leave it on long enough even though I left it on longer than it said to, and so the roots are now yellow. To add to that I forgot to bring any toner to my mum's house so it's totally untoned. Ah well I'll get some tomorrow and just have weird yellow roots next to white hair! I must say though, there's a lot to be said for silver shampoo. I used some this morning just on my fringe and it's noticeably less yellow than the rest of it. I really would recommend a silver shampoo if you're blonde or white.


Blouse - Orla Kiely Old from Ebay
Pinafore Dress - H&M Old
Shoes - Bertie

Ps. I've got two weeks off work now for my birthday, wahoo!! So I'll have more time for some new posts I've got lined up.


Hope you're having a good weekend.

oxoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment