Saturday 22 August 2015

A Very Vintage Breakfast


Well I think it's safe to say that Alex and I have found our new favourite place. I know I probably say that after every breakfast date we go on but I mean it this time. This place is high tea heaven!
It's Jameson's Tea Rooms on Abbeydale Road where we'd been meaning to go for a while. Now that we've been I can't understand how it took us so long! It's like stepping back in time when you walk in, with it's 1930's-esque layout and decor. I'm actually watching Boardwalk Empire at the moment and it was like being on set. Even the music was of that era. Plus the waiters and waitresses were dressed up in vintage attire which made it all the more delightful.






There was a variety of speciality teas to choose from which arrived in these wonderfully over the top tea pots. Alex had English breakfast and I had a lovely rose tea. It would be the perfect place to come for the full high tea experience with the girls.





It was possibly the most sophisticated breakfast date we've been on yet. We both agreed we need to become regulars here and I'm sure we will, I'm looking forward to going back already. Perfect for a sunny morning.


Side Note: My laptop's been so slow recently that I thought I would try the blogger app for Iphone. I started this post as a draft and saved it for later, just for the app to publish it with no content! Has anyone else tried the app and had the same thing happen?



oxoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment