Tuesday 17 March 2015

Clean Cut Ginger Nut


 
 



 
 

Today was a big day for me, my bi-annual hair cut! Hah, I am so bad at having my hair cut. I don't know about you but it just doesn't cross my mind. The last time I had it cut was way back in June last year! I've gone for the usual "just chop a load off and put some layers in.. but don't touch the fringe!"

...and yes, as you can see, I have ditched the Bardot bonce. I even had a whole 'how to' post written up about how to go from bleach blonde to ginger. This is because while researching the process I was lead to believe it was gonna be very risky business and why shouldn't I after doing a strand test with a ginger dye that came out purple!? Seriously, always do a strand test first!

But to be honest, I just went for it, put a dark auburn on and it worked! It was as easy as that. I couldn't believe it, I was expecting a right carry on but it wasn't so I had to scrap my original post.

So here it is. Remember the last time I blogged about going ginger? It came out exactly how it looks on the box which is a bit more red than what it looks here, must be the light that's making it look more orange. That's something I'm gonna have to watch out for though, the colour fading and the bleach bleeding through.

That's why I was so looking forward to having my hair cut today and getting a load of the dry stuff off. I'm so happy with it by the way! It feels great and she did a good job too to make it look healthy. I went to Parachute in Sheffield after it was recommended by Alex and Ben and I totally recommend it too. Plus there was a gorgeous puppy roaming around the whole time!

 
 
Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
 
oxoxo
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment