Saturday 12 July 2014

My Grandma Would Love This


I did something here that I always think I should stop doing. I bought this dress knowing its too big - just because it was the last one and I didn't want to wait for more to come in. I just loved it so much! It's so fun and bright and what a colour! Not to mention it's from my old Sainsbury's store. (I got it while I was back visiting recently.) It definitely suits the weather we've been having.

I did take it to the alterations shop but only to have it taken up at the bottom. They were a bit too expensive to have anything else done, plus I had a half baked idea to alter the rest myself, which I did, without a sewing machine. I know, I know bad idea. It was too, as you can see in the photo above, the seam across the waist is still too low. I altered it by taking out the belt hoops but obviously the seam is still there. To be honest it doesn't bother me too much. The other annoying thing about it is it's ability to crease. Honestly, the wind just needs to blow and its done! Hmm not really selling it am I?! Haha.









There's something wonderfully 50's house wife about it, I'm sure my grandma would approve. 


Anyone else ever greatly misjudged their altering abilities?

oxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment