Friday 23 October 2015

New Makes: Hand Knitted Slipper Socks

Hello all! I have a rather woolly, self promoting post for you today!

As, dare I say it, Christmas is approaching, I've been knitting myself silly! My latest product are these cute as hell slipper socks. They're little toasty toe warmers and are so fun to make. I've been making them with a bar strap across the ankle which fastens with a lovely little button. I just think they're so cute!

I'm hoping at least some of you will think the same! They're prefect little stocking fillers that the non knitters out there could even pass off as your own so if you're interested in these kinds of things I'd be very grateful if you'd consider mine. You can pop over and check them out at Schooner House.


Orange Alpaca Wool Slipper Socks

Brown Slipper Socks

I'm in the process of knitting a fourth pair in a cream wool which should be lovely. Also, don't forget I've also got a few pairs of actual socks in the shop.

When I've not been knitting I've been working on an embroidery I've been commissioned to do. It's of the poem Sea Fever by John Masefield and it's fairly large as she wanted all three verses doing. I've just got to finish the border and put the title in and it'll be done, just in time hopefully! Here's a pic of my progress so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment