Tuesday 5 January 2016

Goals For 2016

I've never really been a new years resolutions kind of person, maybe because even though I can have the occasional burst of inspiration and ambition, I'm also very aware of how lazy I can be and how much I love to just sit and absorb tv boxsets. (currently watching The Sopranos for the second time)

However, seeing everyone's posts about goals for 2016, it brought to mind my friend Beth. I've been staying over at her house quite frequently since we've decided to make a go of this band thing and so I've been heavily influenced by her positive outlook and (realistic) ambitions for us this year!

Goals for 2016


1. Perform Live with Beth

So naturally the first one is our pact to perform live at open mic nights. We've mutually decided that this is gonna be our year. We're both gonna be turning 25 and it's about time we shared our talents rather than be self conscious and anxious that we're not good enough. I read a good quote that applies to us in regard to this new found confidence..

"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before and more importantly, you're doing something. So that's my wish for you...and my wish for myself...Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect...Make your mistakes, next year and forever."

- Neil Gaiman


2. Run More!

I'm really bad with getting out there more than once in a blue moon. When I go out I really enjoy it (kind of) and am really pleased with myself but then it always ages before I do it again. I live right next to the Peak District for God's sake! So I'm challenging myself to run AT LEAST 6 miles every month. If you're a runner too then let's be friends on Strava! 



3. Learn New Skills

I'm thinking more career wise with this one. I'm kind of like April Ludgate trying to figure out what I actually want to do at the moment - and yes mortician was an option! There are loads of different things I would love to do so I thought why not do some volunteering in a few different areas so at least I'll have the experience. The website do-it.org has some really interesting volunteering opportunities.



4. Leave My Hair Alone

Lord knows it went through a lot last year! There was the sickly yellow, then finally white, then ginger and now I am officially growing out my roots! My hair is naturally a light brown, mousey colour and it's grown out so much that it almost looks dip dyed at the ends. I've promised myself that I'm completely leaving it alone now and being natural for a while.



5. Be More Organised

This goal is for no other reason than to be able to show off my shiny new planner/calendar/diary/best thing ever! Guys.. I have a reason to use my ridiculous amount of stickers!! I was going through it last night sticking them here and there and honestly it was making me so happy. I may even do a whole post about it. Yes, yes I will.


6. Get On The Live Music Scene More

At the end of November me and my friend Nikki went to see This Is The Kit when they came to play in Sheffield. She's more into them than me but I did absolutely love it and we both said we need to go to more gigs.


7. Allow Myself To Be Vulnerable

This ties into goal number 1. Beth's been reading a book about being fearless and one of the main things it's made us both realise is that we're afraid to be vulnerable. We shy away from situations where the outcome is unknown. This must stop this year. Beth this is gonna be our year!



Onwards and Upwards








No comments:

Post a Comment